March 20, 2020
On March 20th, the NIDCAP Federation International (NFI) celebrated the 2nd Annual World NIDCAP Day. The celebrations will continue all month long.
How we celebrated 2nd Annual World NIDCAP Day…
|Follow the celebrations on Facebook…||Follow the celebrations on Instagram|
|Follow the celebrations on Twitter||Listen to a podcast by NIDCAP Master
Trainer gretchen Lawhon, PhD, RN, FAAN
Every day, the NIDCAP Federation International, its NIDCAP Training Centers, and their NIDCAP Trainers and NIDCAP Trained Professionals and Supporters strive to improve the experience of newborns and families in hospitals all over the world. World NIDCAP Day is an opportunity to recognize these efforts and build awareness of the importance of providing NIDCAP care for hospitalized infants and their families. Acknowledging our global work on the same day each year raises attention for NIDCAP and promotes opportunities for everyone to discuss NIDCAP and why it matters!
Celebrating World NIDCAP Day through social media, such as Facebook and Twitter, and using hashtags, can help raise awareness of NIDCAP and its possibilities.
NIDCAP recognizes families as the most important influence on the development and wellbeing of infants. For nearly four decades the NIDCAP community has partnered with families to improve newborn outcomes. By acknowledging and celebrating the incredible number of years we have been active in newborn hospital settings, we help to further promote the work, influence and place for NIDCAP within the global newborn community.
World NIDCAP Day will be celebrated all month long…
How you can celebrate:
- Promote NIDCAP and the World Day in your unit and hospital
- Wear Teal
- Have an afternoon or morning tea for your staff and families
- Celebrate and promote what your team has achieved in the past 12 months
- Share photos and posts on social media using #NIDCAP, #NIDCAPpartneringwithfamilies and #worldNIDCAPday
- Approach local news agencies for a story about NIDCAP in your unit/hospital
- Illuminate landmarks in your area in the color Teal
- Download promotional fact sheets, poster templates, the WND logo
World NIDCAP Day Toolkit
Information Sheet & Poster Template
World NIDCAP Day Information Sheet (Download and distribute, available in 13 languages below)
- English, Arabic, Danish, Farsi, French, German, Hebrew, Irish, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish
World NIDCAP Day Poster Template (Announce your own WND activities with this template)
Social Media Templates (Change your Facebook and/or Twitter cover photos )
Guidelines for Use of World NIDCAP Day Materials
- Please feel free to use the poster template, Facebook and Twitter banners and information sheets in your hospitals, nurseries and the community to raise awareness about World NIDCAP Day.
- We would request that you do not alter any of the images, layout and design in the templates provided.
- Feel free to add the logos and names of individual supporters, partners and organizations to the poster template but do not remove or modify the NIDCAP Logo.
- The World NIDCAP Day material should be used for raising awareness, for fundraising and information. Do not use the material for marketing or sales of products or services.
- Please respect the privacy and confidentiality of personal data and images. If you are sharing material or images from third parties in the WND templates or on your social media platforms, please ensure that you obtain the expressed permission from all parties to use and/share the material.
The material provided in this toolkit remains the property of the NIDCAP Federation International, Inc.
View the celebrations from WND 2019 on our gallery page:
For more information about NIDCAP and a history of the NFI click here